Over the last couple of weeks I've been declining multiple submissions of the same adopts. I know that sometimes DA glitches so if it's submitted twice within minutes of each other I know that it's probably not your fault. However, when I go through 30 submissions, and the same adopt is submitted 4 times with hours in between it gets a little irritating. PLEASE BE PATIENT
we will get to your submissions when we can, we're not miracle workers or faster then the speed of light, and we aren't constantly online as we do have lives away from our computers. This wastes our time and it wastes your submission limit, so please be more considerate, thank youNUMBER 1 RULE: ALL submissions require an art credit.
If the art is your own you will still need to claim it as your own, if you used a base, credit must be given to the base's original owner, please make sure it's visible, if it's written so small that it's not readable that isn't proper credit. Keep in mind that you must comply with the base owner's rules, too.
Please make sure that the credit is clearly written either at the bottom or top of the description as it makes things easier for us. Watermarks and signatures on the art DO NOT count as credit as we don't always see them, we look at the description!
Please make sure it's there
Acceptable forms of credit:
Art (C) -insert username here-
Art + Design (C) -insert username here-
Art (C) me
Obviously as stated above, if using a base link to the base or the bases creator.
This is not acceptable "lineart belongs to respected owner" credit with a link! ***Text based submissions (ie journals), random art, finished adopts for others, or sold adopts are not accepted. Please be aware that this not only wastes our time as admins, but it wastes your submission limit as well. PLEASE read the rules carefully and pay attention to what you are submitting and to where. Thank you***The submission limit is five per week.
Keep in mind that if we reject your adopts because you did not supply proper credits, submit to the proper folder, etc. it will still count as one of your submissions, so be sure to submit correctly.Please don't advertise on the front page.
If you want to sell your adopts then join the group and submit themPLEASE NOTE
that if we do not give you a reason as to why your adopts are declined, 99% of the time it's because one or more of these rules have not be followed. If you're unsure and you have followed the rules please comment on the SUBMISSION PROCESS
so we can see the adopt in question. We do sometimes make mistakes however, we are human and if it was our fault we will fix itQuality Control guidelinesThe following will not be accepted:
-Solid colored designs. Unless it is a design for an original species or somehow original looking. We will not accept plain black cats or plain white dogs with little to no colour variation or markings to make them unique.
- Maker Adopts (anything made with a game is not allowed, even if the game gives permission we will not accept them)
- Adoptables drawn on lined notebook paper
- Adoptables with hasty or messy colouring. Be mindful that you are trying to sell these, the nicer they are the better they sell.
- Adoptables using traced lineart, for example direct copies from MLP, The Lion King, or OTHER PEOPLE'S work (this is especially a problem with the Fan Adoptables folder)
- Unfinished sketchy adoptables, head-shots, half drawn adopts or adopts without colour or properly defined lines. This does not mean that if your art style is sketchy or if you don't shade your drawings, that your adopts won't be accepted, they just have to be finished completely.
- We accept "Pick your own colour" adopts ON ONE CONDITION
YOU the seller MUST colour them! If the person buying the adopt is expected to colour it themselves then they are NOT accepted here.
- Badly photographed pictures of your artwork. If it's grainy, blurry, dark or otherwise not clear, it won't be accepted. If you must photograph your art then make sure it's nicely done with good lighting, clear and focused or edited with digital software before submitting
- Mature content adopts, anything with swearing, racial/sexual discrimination and so on. If your description is filled with any of these, chances are we won't accept those either. Nudity is allowed, but please keep it clean, there are younger members and we'd like to keep this safe for everyone. Submission and Folder Guide:Featured
- Members are not allowed to submit to this folder. If we feel that your work stands out we will invite it here.Canines and Hyenas
- Wolves, dogs, foxes, hyenas, etc. belong here.Felines
- All cat and big cat species belong here. Traced Lion King bases are NOT permittedHumanoids/Humanoids 2
- Humanoids are either humans or creatures that have a human appearance. There is a lot of confusion between these and Anthros. To decide where your adoptables belong, check whether they appear more human-like or more like an animal. If they look more like animals standing on their back legs, they probably belong in the Anthro folder.Fantasy Creatures and Hybrids
- Creatures of myth and legend belong here, as well as creatures that are mixtures of more than one species of animal, this folder also includes Demons and Angels, wizards, mages etc. If it is a species that you made up, they do not belong here! A species or creature that you made up on your own belongs in the Original Species folder.Original Species
- Any race, breed, or species of creature you have made yourself (or that someone else has made, provided they allow others to use them) should be submitted here.Bases/Linearts
- This folder is simply for any bases or lineart that you have created and wish to share for free or for points/cash. They must be your original work. No traced bases for example direct copies from MLP or The Lion King etc.Fan Adoptables
- Any adoptables based off of copyrighted material belong here without exception. Naruto OCs, My Little Ponies, Pokemon Gijinkas, etc. are good examples. Pokemon sprites must NOT be made using the 'official' pokemon sprite bases.Hatchables and Mystery Adopts
- This folder is where you may submit things like eggs, palette adopts, etc.Anthro Adoptables
- This is where anthros (sometimes referred to as 'furries') are submitted. If it has more animal characteristic such as a muzzle or paws instead of feet, it belongs here. Humans with animal ears and tails do NOT belong here. If the adoptable looks more like a human (especially face/feet) then it belongs in the Humanoids Folder.Hooved Animals
- This folder is for horses, deer, and other hooved mammals. MLP does NOT belong hereRodents and Small Mammals
- Mice, rabbits, ferrets, and other small mammal species belong here.Mixed Sheet
- This folder is NOT for hybrids. The Mixed folder is for an adoptable sheet where the adoptables are of different species. For example, dogs and cats on the same sheetOther
- This folder is for any adoptable that does not belong in the above categories. Usually they are odd animals like reptiles, birds, bears, or so on. Do NOT submit to this folder unless you are SURE that your adoptable does not fit in anywhere else. Example: Clothing only designs
If you have any questions feel free to comment here or send us a group note. We'll be more then happy to answer any questions you may have